Bowel detox is a broad topic, and we don’t seem to realize how important our Bowel (also known as Gastrointestinal Tract) is. Some symptoms include gas, bloating, distention, poor digestion, poor assimilation, adrenal fatigue issues, endocrine system issues, constipation, and diarrhea. Natural Bowel Cleanse can be done quickly and safely at home, using my easy to follow protocols outlined below.
The gastrointestinal tract becomes dysfunctional primarily due to our diet. Whether it be genetically modified foods, pesticides, herbicides, chemicals in our food, allergy reactions, or even emotional / mental stress. Hanging onto old programs of resentment and anger block the energy flow of Qi in the large intestine.
The gastrointestinal tract includes the mouth, stomach, small intestine, ileocecal area and valve, and the large intestine. Simple carbohydrates begin their digestion in the mouth with the production of amylase by sublingual glands in and around the mouth area. Chewing, or mastication of food is the primary purpose of the mouth using the teeth. Proper chewing techniques to pulverize and minimize the size of food chunks is very important to take the stress off the stomach and small intestine.
Our stomach is a large cavernous muscle consisting of multiple layers of striated muscle. The stomach’s job is to emulsify and break down food particles by the use of hydrochloric acid, and muscle movements. The small intestine’s job is to assist, alkalize, and to further digest or emulsify various food groups with the assistance of the liver, bile, and pancreatic enzymes.
Our ileocecal valve area is literally a doorway that leads from the small intestine into the large intestine, and at this junction is also the appendix. Our appendix is a highly lymphatic vascularized organ, used to collect and neutralize impurities. Inflammation of the appendix is called appendicitis. This does not literally mean the appendix is dysfunctional, as it only means the appendix is experiencing an inflammation process due to dietary components that irritate the entire upper gastrointestinal area. Appendicitis literally means in holistic medicine, the appendix is doing its job although it may be a little irritated.
Next, food in smaller particles moves through the ileocecal valve into the large intestine. This is where the main business occurs. Our large intestine absorbs excessive water, and absorbs the nutrients from our food. Nutrients are then sent via the bloodstream, to the liver for further use in other biochemical processes. Excessive water is sent to the kidney’s for processing. Our large intestine consists of the ascending colon, transverse colon, descending colon and sigmoid colon. Our Gastrointestinal Tract is a manufacturing plant for a lot of biochemical important pre-components. As an example, approximately 70% – 80% of all the B vitamins our body needs are manufactured in the transverse colon. Precursors for the endocrine system are also manufactured here, and the biggest and most important secondary job the large intestine has, is the production of immune system pre-factors. As any colon hydrotherapist will share with you, the GI tract is the basis for production and manufacturing of many bodily function pre components……Healthy guts equal a healthy being.
Oral Detox and Maintenance
Let’s start with the upper gastrointestinal tract mouth/oral area detox. Most important is to safely remove all Mercury amalgam fillings from the teeth. Mercury is an extremely toxic heavy metal, and it is one of those metals that exists in three states at one time. Mercury can be a solid, liquid, and gaseous at the same time. This means mercury amalgam fillings are constantly giving off gas particles, liquid particles, and solid small micro chunks at any given time. Acidic foods disrupt mercury amalgam fillings as well. Mercury is a slippery molecule, and can go across any tissue including the blood-brain barrier, and placenta easily. Mercury amalgam fillings causes toxic interference with our body, there’s also the entire topic of immunizations which contain large amounts of mercury. I won’t get into this topic right now, I only wanted to mention it so my readers can do their own research about immunizations and the detrimental effects.
I highly recommend for everyone (including children) to do a proper oral or IV chelation to pull out mercury. Please consult your Naturopathic Doctor or Holistic Physician for protocols.
I suggest removing all Mercury amalgams from your teeth, and getting proper holistic Dental Care performed. I had my Mercury amalgams safely removed 25 plus years ago, and I’ve also done oral and IV chelation to pull out Mercury.
On a daily basis I do what’s called oil pulling. Each morning before I take any food or vitamins, I simply put a tablespoon of organic coconut oil in my mouth and hold it for at least five to ten minutes swishing it around. The coconut oil gets thin really quick, and moves around the mouth in between the teeth and gums easily. I spit it out and gargle with a natural organic mouthwash. The other day my son was mentioning he had 2 sensitive teeth after having dental work done on them back in December 2017. I suggested the coconut oil pulling, and he said the sensitivity and irritation went down by almost 75% in 24 hours. Our teeth have highly sensitive nerve pathways, which can also be inflamed and irritated from chemicals, and sub-lying infectious processes. In my professional opinion, root canals are extremely toxic, because of their toxic components (namely Formaldehyde based disinfectants). Furthermore, root canals trap infections in the dental cavity of the lower tooth components (cavitations). To help fight gum disease naturally, I like to brush my teeth with organic toothpaste, and do brushing with my ionic toothbrush with the organic berry fruit camo camo. This rare and beneficial fruit helps to decrease gum disease, kill bacteria in the gum/tooth edges, decrease sensitivity the gums, and decrease inflammation. Please consult your Holistic Dental Physician for further information. The internet is also a plethora of good holistic Dental information.
Natural antiseptics can be taken orally for the mouth cavity. I do this not only for the oral cavity, but the entire GI tract. This really helps to boost the immune system which can be compromised by external bacteria and viruses. As an example, every morning I start with a 3/4 teaspoon of raw organic honey and include:
- 2-3 drops of organic oregano oil
- 2 drops of liquid chlorophyll
- 2 drops of oil of cilantro
- 4 drops of Zeotrex
- 2 drops of neem oil
Proper brushing of teeth at least a minimum of twice per day is important. Not only to remove plaque and bacteria from around the teeth, but also in the gum areas. This bacteria in the gums is challenging to our immune system, and as an example, might cause pericardial sac and heart infections. Due to our intake of certain foods and beverages, bad bacteria exist in the mouth to a certain extent, and can be greatly reduced with a beneficial oral detox protocol.
I also recommend proper flossing techniques, and use small types of dental picks to get in between the teeth and gum areas. After flossing and picking I always recommend doing an organic oral mouthwash.
Oral Detox Protocol
- Oil pulling (mentioned above)
- Natural non-toxic toothpaste
- Tongue scraping, to safely help remove surface bad bacteria
- Organic non-BPA toothbrush
- Organic dental floss / tape
- Oral probiotics such as fermented foods and kombucha. I recommend taking a small amount in your mouth, swish around and spit out before consuming more.
- Tea tree oil dental floss
- Organic mouthwash
- Ionic Toothbrush with Camo Camo berry powder ( reduces plaque, hypersensitivity and bacteria)
Stomach detox is another topic not spoken about much. To me, stomach detox is only done on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Our stomach can become toxic due to stress, anxiety, built up unwanted emotions, chemicals in food that affect the stomach lining, and hydrochloric acid production by the beta cells. Stress causes the beta cells to sometimes produce excessive or inhibit hydrochloric acid, which tightens the stomach and limits the muscular movement needed for emulsification and breakdown of food particles. Our stomach does a good job naturally voiding itself of all bolas, or food components, in the normal stomach digestive process. It simply pushes food particles with its natural muscular movement into the small intestine for further digestion and processing.
Drinking water is the first and most important step in stomach detox, I recommend to drink at least 4 liters of purified water per day, at least 30 minutes before food or two hours after food. Using this protocol is best because you drink water on an empty stomach to help flush toxins through.
Toxic stomach symptoms:
- Stomach pain (pain directly below the sternum)
- Stomach bloating
- Inflammation of the stomach wall (gastritis) will have symptoms of pain bloating and a pressure feeling right below the sternum
- Acid reflux
Stomach Detox Protocol
- Half a glass of purified room-temperature water first thing in the morning. Add the following.
- 1-2 oz. organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz. ginger juice
- 1 oz. organic lemon juice
Nausea can be easily treated by using 1 level teaspoon of baking soda, in a 1/4 cup of warm water. Stir vigorously to dissolve baking soda, and drink the 1/4 cup all at once. Aloe Vera juice is also beneficial for treating nausea, and acid reflux. Use 1/8 to 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice, taken on an empty stomach. Certain homeopathic remedies are also beneficial, and I mention this in my product review page.
Click Here To Read My Recommended Reviews for These Products
Small Intestine Detox
Small intestine detox is rarely heard about, and I don’t know why this topic is usually avoided. Our small intestine can be affected by unusual and harmful bacteria we ingest. This may occur because the hydrochloric acid level In the stomach is too low. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach not only helps to digest food, it also kills some bad bacteria that we ingest. Our ileocecal valve may not function properly which allows E. coli and other harmful bacteria to enter the small intestine. Also, if our immune system is suppressed, it does not kill the ingested bacteria properly. This process usually occurs with consuming contaminated water. Another factor is it the small intestine may not empty itself completely in the digestion process. This can be due to stress, anxiety, poor diet, chemicals / toxins, mucus, and Inflammation. A salt water cleanse is most effective, which I will discuss later. Over the years I have recommended to patients doing a little of Epsom salts, in warm water drinking it down before bed or first thing in the morning. A diet high in natural source of fiber is also beneficial for the small intestine function.
Small intestine unhealthy symptoms:
- Bloating directly below the stomach, and above the transverse colon
- A feeling of fullness 2 hours after eating a meal
- Pain Below stomach, and above the transverse colon
- Sudden weight loss
- Eczema, rashes, and acne
- Fatigue or depression
Small Intestine Detox
One of the best and safest small intestine cleanse is using salt water. Here is the suggestion:
- Half liter purified water
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Stir vigorously until salt is dissolved
- Drink rapidly first thing in the morning on an empty stomach
- Repeat this for 5 days in a row
After each ingestion of this saltwater, it is normal for the average person experiences a bowel movement within 30 to 60 minutes. Once you have the bowel movement, please drink an additional half a liter of purified water. Give yourself 2 days of rest to notice any benefits in the small intestine. If small intestine symptoms mentioned above continue, repeat 3 days in a row. Each person has different experiences with the small intestine detox. While doing the salt water cleanse, I recommend staying away from processed foods, all dairy products, and all refined wheat products.
Please consult your holistic physician if needed.
Epsom Salt or Magnesium Sulfate Small Intestine Detox
I suggest starting with a full glass of warm water, and add to it 1 to 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts. Stir around vigorously so it dissolves and drink it down. This protocol helps to push food particles through the small intestine that sometimes get stuck. Whenever you eat a meal, and two hours later you still feel bloated and full, it is because the small intestine is not moving food particles through at a proper digestive rate.
The appendix is a small and important gland that descends from the ileocecal valve area. Its main job is to collect and process bacteria and help to protect the large intestine. Our appendix can become congested due to poor eating habits, change in eating habits, lack of exercise, stress, congested lymphatics, bad bacteria, chemicals, and other toxins. Lack of water or dehydration is another contributing factor.
Symptoms of congested appendix or appendicitis:
- Sudden sharp central abdominal pain, with pain radiating to the right abdomen
- Increased sharp pain with movement, or coughing
- Muscle cramping on the right lower abdominal region
- Constipation, diarrhea, or vomiting
- Lymph node swelling in the right inguinal fold area
- Slight fever
With extreme appendix pain, and fever please consult your physician.
Appendix Detox Protocol
- Drink at least 3 to 4 liters of purified water throughout the day
- Mung bean powder or green gram powder can be taken in a glass of water and or put in your smoothie. Add approximately 3 to 4 level tablespoons
- Green smoothie made from beet and cucumber, approximately 1/2 cup taken on an empty stomach 2 to 3 times per day between meals
- Raw garlic is helpful to decrease the inflammation
- Ginger and Turmeric to decrease inflammation and pain
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of organic wheat bran added to your protein smoothie
- Ileo-cecal light massage
Our large intestine is the most important and busiest organ in the gastrointestinal tract, and what we eat is the biggest factor for colon health. 20 years ago, colon cancer was the #1 cancer.
A healthy gut is important for a healthy being on many levels. An unhealthy gut can be due to a number of factors including: poor diet, GMO foods, antibiotics, other medications, chemicals, toxins, lack of exercise, emotional and mental stress, dehydration, allergies, and many other factors.
Conditions associated with the large intestine include:
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Colon cancer
- Colon polyps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- chronic constipation or diarrhea
- parasitic invasion
- Malabsorption syndrome
- leaky gut syndrome
- Bacterial invasion
Symptoms of a toxic bowel/large intestine:
- Lower abdominal pain with gas and bloating
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Painful bowel movement
- Blood in fecal matter
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss
- Rectal itchiness and redness due to parasitic invasion
- Bad breath and body odor
- Skin eruptions and rashes
- Fatigue, irritability, mood swings, or depression
- Sudden changes in blood pressure, up or down
- Muscle stiffness or weakness
- Unexplained immune conditions or weakness
Large Intestine Protocol
- 2-3 tablespoons of a GI detox formula added to your smoothie
- Raw Garlic and Tumeric
- Smoothie with concentrated veggie greens
- Eating plenty of raw green vegetables
- Probiotics (taken on an empty stomach 1-2 times per day, 50 billion cell count)
- High fiber fruits (Organic mango, apples, blueberries, etc…)
- Flaxseed oil (can be added to your breakfast smoothie)
- Organic pure virgin Olive Oil
- Balanced meals, example with Salmon and green leafy veggies
Large intestine detox smoothie suggested recipe:
- 1-2 cups liquid (rice milk, cashew milk, hemp milk)
- Fruit (organic blueberries, mango, banana)
- Green leafy veggies (kale, spinach, mustard greens, garlic)
- Organic Protein powder 1-2 scoops (pea, hemp, whey)
- 1-2 teaspoons GI detox powder
- 1-3 tablespoons Bentonite Clay powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Organic Flaxseed Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Organic Coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Organic Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin C powder
- Stevia to taste (approximately 2-3 drops)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon organic pure cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Organic Turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoons organic beet powder
I recommend a fruit smoothie for breakfast, and the veggie smoothie for dinner.
Many studies have shown that Vegetable Juicing helps to infuse the GI tract with fresh enzymes, nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. Great to fight off cancer, inflammation, fecal matter impaction, toxins, etc…
Healthy Colon Through Prevention
This is the safest and most cost-effective way to maintain a healthy colon:
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid processed foods containing chemicals
- Decrease red meat intake
- Increase organic green leafy vegetables and organic berries with high fiber content
- Limit allergy or mucus producing foods such as sugar, dairy products, and allergens
- Exercise daily
- Green Ginseng tea has been found to contain powerful antioxidants that prevent the prolific ation of cancer cells in the large intestine
- Limit alcohol intake
- Colon hydrotherapy at least two to three times per year, with probiotic implants
- Use olive oil, it contains anti-cancer properties for the colon, helps to rebuild the tissue lining on the colon, and helps to neutralize unwanted bile acids
- Omega-3 oils have been found in numerous studies to reduce colon cancer.
- Increase intake of selenium rich foods such as garlic, onions, tuna, halibut, salmon, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and mushrooms
- Foods high in folic acid such as spinach and legumes
- Increase vitamin intake such as Vitamin D, vitamin C and magnesium
The most important suggestion I can provide, is to always eat balanced organic meals, drink 3-4 liters of purified water per day, reduce stress, exercise daily, never eat big meals, get proper sleep, and think positive….
In my 25+ years in clinical experience I have discovered a number of common gastrointestinal or large intestine conditions. Whether it be poor diet, medications (especially antibiotics), toxins, chemicals, or emotional mental stress, the gastrointestinal tract is always affected.
I recommend probiotics to everyone, I suggest at least a total of 50 billion cell count, 2-4 pills 2x per day. First thing in the morning, 30-45 minutes before food or juice, and again in the late evening before bed.
Parasites are a hidden cause of a number of gastrointestinal and health issues. I recommend doing a parasite herbal detox at least 2-3x times per year. Please see product reviews for my suggestions.
The above stated causation can also lead to a condition called leaky gut syndrome. I see this in about 7 out of every 10 patients. Most patients are not aware of this until I get into some of the symptomology and details. So it is not only detoxing the GI tract but also helping to rebuild the epithelial cell lining for proper absorption of nutrients. Leaky gut syndrome literally means the intestinal wall has been compromised due to any number of factors (especially antibiotics), and the cell walls close down and do not allow proper absorption of nutrients. Hence, the term “leaky gut”. Please see product reviews for leaky gut treatment.
Another condition I come across in about 7 out of every 10 patients is candida albicans, or candida in the GI tract. Antibiotics destroy the healthy bacteria in the gut and promote candida formulation. Please see my product reviews for candida detox. In the near future I’m going to devote a whole section to candida detox, diet, and proper treatment.
I hope this information has been useful for you, if you have any questions or comments, please submit a note in the comment box below and I will respond promptly!